Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My day



Today I decided to make almond flour for the pizza I will be making on Saturday.  I read how to make it and they made it sound so easy.  I had to make 3 cups and it took forever. Next time I will just be buying it already made. It is pretty expensive at the store.  It is about $12.99 for a 1 pound bag.  I found some on ebay for only $45 for a 10 pound bag. So that would save us about $85! 10 pounds of almond flour seems like a lot and I am not sure how long it will take us to eat all of that.  But I asked the seller how long it would stay fresh and he said you can put it in a ziplock bag in the freezer for up to a year.  So I am thinking we will be able to finish a 10 pound bag in a year. I read that one pound of almond flour is about 4 cups and just the pizza recipe takes 3 cups. I am hoping to start cooking with almond flour more.  I am really trying to get the boys to be primal.  There is a good recipe for chicken nuggets using almond flour. 

I think I am going to try to work on my blog for a while tonight. I want to make a recipe section to post all of my recipes and I also saw this chart thingy on someone else's blog that charts what she eats everyday.  So then I can chart it instead of writing a post about what I ate everyday because obviously I can't keep up with that! So hopefully I will have some free time tonight when the boys go to bed to work on it. 

As I mentioned before, I had been cheating a lot lately.  But the last two days I have been doing so well and not cheating.  And I have already noticed that I no longer have heartburn!  I was popping two tums before I went to bed every night for the past couple weeks because my heartburn has been so bad it felt like I couldn't breathe.  Then last night I was getting ready for bed and I noticed I had no heartburn at all!! None whatsoever!! This was enough to motivate me to keep going primal because the heartburn was killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment