Thursday, March 31, 2011

27 weeks ultrasound and stuff


Wow, I haven't posted in a while.  I had my follow up ultrasound on Monday and the ultrasound tech said that the placenta is still low.  I will have to follow up with my doctor.  I have another doctors appointment with him on April 11, so hopefully I will know more then.  I am hoping and praying they do not move my c-section date.  I was due with my second baby on March 17 and they did the c-section on March 2 and he spent a week in the NICU. I just don't want the baby to be born too early and have to go to the NICU.   They are already taking him 8 days early, which makes me nervous.  Hopefully with the placenta still being low, they will not move the c-section unless they absolutely have to.  And I already know VBAC is out of the question.  I know they do not allow vaginal births if the placenta is low.  
Jack had his two year check up on Monday too.  He is only 25% on his weight and 12% on his length.  He is a little guy! He has always been on the lower end for weight and length so it did not cause any concern.  If I remember correctly, he was 6% on length last appointment so he actually grew a lot!
We found out today that my husband will be starting a new job in two weeks.  WHAT A RELIEF!! If you only knew how excited I am about this!! I NEVER knew how hard it would be to have a husband that worked nights.  Not only is it hard for me but it is hard on the kids.  They don't get to see him and hang out with him nearly as much as they would like.  It is also very hard on my husband too.  Not only is the job he had very strenuous and hard on his body, it was hard for him to get enough sleep during the day.  He would always try to stay up a few hours in the morning to hang out with us and then that would cut into his sleep.  He was lucky to get 6 hours of sleep.  And very rarely was it a straight 6 hours of sleep.  And then not to mention the two hours of overtime a day plus some Saturdays.  Sure the paychecks were nice with all that overtime but it just is not worth it.  We would rather have a husband and dad at home than to have money. I could go on and on about how happy and thankful we are that this job came but I will stop because I would be up all night.  So the two week count down begins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment