Friday, April 1, 2011

Primal Chicken Nuggets


Ok, I am super excited about finding this recipe. I found this recipe on a blog I read, Life as a Plate.  My second son is a pretty picky eater.  He is getting a lot better though.  But I always tell Josh he is our processed food kid.  He will eat any processed food you put in front of him.  He loves the noodles, the frozen breaded chicken nuggets and things like that.  Anytime we cook "real" chicken, we can barely get him to get eat it.  Well, I made these chicken nuggets tonight and I put four on his plate and he ate those then asked for more! So I gave him two more and he ate both of those too! He kept telling me he, "I like this chicken". I was shocked.  One step closer to getting the boys primal. Today was a good day! So here is the recipe.  You can find the original recipe on Life as a Plate.  The one below is how I made it.  And best of all you can make a big batch and freeze them and use them as you need them.  An easy fast meal.  I make the chicken nuggets but do not cook them. Then I put them on a baking pan so they are not touching and then stick them in the freezer until they are fully frozen (overnight) then I stick them in a plastic freezer baggy and put them in the freezer. Then they are just as convenient as the frozen chicken nuggets in the bag, only healthier!


Primal Chicken Nuggets
What you need:
  • 3-4 chicken breasts, diced into chunks
  • 1/2 c. mayo
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp yellow or dijon mustard
Breading:
  • 3/4 c. almond flour
  • 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • pinch of salt


What you do:
  • Mix the mayo, mustard, and honey in a bowl and put in the chicken chunks and coat.
Mix the breading ingredients on a large plate
  • Remove the nuggets from the mayo mix and roll in breading
  • Lay on foiled cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for approx 30 (time varies depending on size of nuggets) until brown, crispy, and cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment