Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The world's best omelet...so far

This morning I made the best omelet ever.  I got the recipe from a cooking show. I never realized how good fresh herbs are! I always just substituted the dry herbs instead of using fresh.  I made one omelet with fresh basil and I am hooked. I have been missing out!!  I think I want to switch to all fresh herbs. I think I need to grow some herbs now.  So here is the recipe.  I actually did not have any Romano cheese so I substituted mozzarella cheese instead. I have not cut out dairy from my diet yet.  I was thinking after I have the baby I am going to try to cut out all dairy.

2 eggs
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup Romano cheese

And that is it! Mix all these ingredients together and place in your hot skillet flip and voila!  Believe me you won't be disappointed! I can't believe I have been missing out on something so simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment